Rakuten Marketing (formerly known as LinkShare) is a popular affiliate network that includes a lot of big merchants. Notable merchants are:
- Best Buy
- Papa Johns
They also have some smaller merchants, though their network isn’t as large as ShareASale, CJ, or Awin (it’s “only” around 1,000 merchants).
So if you want access to a huge variety of merchants, you might be better off with one of the other networks. But Rakuten is a good option for getting access to the big guns, and they also have some nice features like the ability to rotate ads without the need for an external solution (like a WordPress advertising management plugin).
What you need to know about Rakuten Marketing
- Niche/product types: With 1,000+ merchants, you can probably still find offers in most niches.
- Average commission rate: Depends on the specific merchant you sign up with.
- Cookie duration: Depends on the specific merchant you sign up with.
- Minimum payout: $50
Rakuten Marketing pros and cons
- Gives you access to big-name merchants like Walmart and Best Buy
- A trusted name (Rakuten is a billion dollar company)
- Nice-to-have features like easy ad rotation
- The back-end dashboard looks a little dated in my opinion
- Not as big a selection as some other affiliate networks